Update: We’ve hired three great people. No more positions are available at this time.
We are looking to hire for three new customer service positions! We need someone that loves speaking with people and knows their way around a computer. No, we don’t need you to be able to fix computers per se, but we do need you to be able to help people that sometimes don’t know a whole lot about them. Here are a few details about the job description and requirements:
- Answering the Phone – We need someone that is personable, empathetic and a problem solver that can help people when they call us.
- Answering Emails – In addition to the above, we need someone that can write well and provide responses that will help people when they e-mail.
- Tagging Pictures – Several of our sites have (or will have) search capabilities. We will describe what’s in a picture to help improve search results.
- Help Out Where Needed – We may need you to help us test new features or run an errand or post to our facebook page or do some research on the web for us. The point is that we need someone that is willing to go the extra mile.
- Requirements – High School Diploma or equivalent, Reliable Transportation, and must be Computer Savvy (do you know: how to delete temporary internet files, clear cookies, 3 different browsers? Yes? Good. No? Can you learn before applying? Good.)
- Part Time – These are part time positions for our office in Jackson, MO.
Position 1: Sat 8a-5p, Sun 8a-5p, and Mon 8a-1p (21 hours)
Position 2: Mon to Fri 4p-10p (27.5 hours)
Position 3: Fri 1p-10p, Sat 5p-10p, Sun 5p-10p (18 hours)
- Compensation – $10 to $11 / hour depending on shift and experience. (Plus we keep drinks pretty well stocked in the fridge). Full time positions are offered internally first, so there is room to grow as well.
How To Apply:
If so, email us your resume and put the following for the subject: [Your Name] – Customer Service Position. You can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to your resume, please send a response to the following sample tech support question to a grocery store (yes, it is a little silly and no we don’t sell eggs here at Vintage Software):
“Your eggs are always broken! Every time I go to your grocery store, I start at the back and work my way forward. First, I pick out my eggs, then my milk, and then all the other stuff I’m going to cook for the week. By the time I get home, my eggs are ALWAYS broken. Can you all fix this?!? I think I might have to start shopping down the street!
Yes, it is definitely silly, but we’d like to see your response to Barry (consider this your first interview with us). Please remember to attach your resume to the email.
Please do not use the comment box to post your response or resume. If you have questions, feel free to email the jobs email address above.