Update: These positions have been filled. Welcome Tony and Koreena!
We are looking to hire two people for some customer service positions! We need someone that loves speaking with people and knows their way around a browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. We help a lot of people with browser problems or questions on how to use our web sites. We currently have three web sites that we own and support: EstateSales.NET and AntiqueMalls,com. Here are a few details about the job description and requirements:
- Answering the Phone – We need someone that is personable, empathetic, and a problem solver that can help people when they call us.
- Answering Emails – In addition to the above, we need someone that can write well and provide responses that will help people when they e-mail. Spelling and grammar are extremely important! If you have problems knowing the difference between your and you’re or there, their, and they’re, this might not be the job for you. (If you love working with fun folks that do know the difference, then read the rest of this post and then apply!)
- Tagging Pictures – Several of our sites have search capabilities. We will describe what’s in a picture to help improve search results.
- Help Out Where Needed – We may need you to help us test new features or run an errand or post to our facebook page or do some research on the web for us. The point is that we need someone that is willing to go the extra mile.
- Requirements – High School Diploma or equivalent, Reliable Transportation, and must be Computer Savvy (do you know: how to clear the cache and/or cookies on three different browsers? Yes? Good. No? Can you learn before applying? Good.)
- Part Time – For our office in Jackson, MO (sorry, no at-home positions are available).
Position One: Sat, Sun, and Mon 4pm to 11pm
Position Two: Sun, Tue, Wed, and Thur 4pm to 11pm
- Compensation – Starts at $12 per hour. Also…we keep drinks pretty well stocked in the fridge. 🙂
How To Apply:
Interested? E-mail us your resume and put the following for the subject: [Your Name] – Customer Support Position. You can send it to email@example.com. In addition to your resume, please send a response to the following sample tech support question to a grocery store (yes, it is a little silly and no we don’t sell eggs here at Vintage Software):
“Your eggs are always broken! Every time I go to your grocery store, I start at the back and work my way forward. First, I pick out my eggs, then my milk, and then all the other stuff I’m going to cook for the week. By the time I get home, my eggs are ALWAYS broken. Can you all fix this?!? I think I might have to start shopping down the street!
Yes, it is definitely silly, but we’d like to see your response to Barry (consider this your first interview with us). Your answer to this question will determine whether you move on to the next interview. Please remember to attach your resume and feel free to ask any questions as well. Vintage Software is a great place to work and we are looking for great people to work with!
Please don’t post your response or resume below. If you have questions, feel free to e-mail the jobs e-mail address above.